We need to promote humor in the workplace for our employees. Most managers are aware that humor will lessen stress, can be educational and can improve teamwork.
The lesson your employees should learn, do not post your outrageous (fake) reasons for calling in sick on your social media!
Thanks to our friends an SHRM, we are re-posting CareerBuilder’s employees survey of funny employees excuses when calling in sick
According to the their survey, one in four employers have caught an employee faking being sick through social media and one in five employers have fired an employee for calling in sick with a fake excuse.
Some of the most memorable excuses reported this year:
- Employee just put a casserole in the oven.
- Employee’s plastic surgery for enhancement purposes needed some “tweaking” to get it just right.
- Employee was sitting in the bathroom and her feet and legs fell asleep. When she stood, up she fell and broke her ankle.
- Employee had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
- Employee woke up in a good mood and didn’t want to ruin it.
- Employee had a “lucky night” and didn’t know where he was.
- Employee got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn’t get out.
- Employee had a gall stone they wanted to heal holistically.
- Employee caught their uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
- Employee accidentally got on a plane.
If you have heard of other funny excuses, please add a post